The Treasury Department was established on 23rd May, 1933, in the reign of King Rama VII. It was comprised four principle departments: the Royal Thai Mint, the Great Royal Treasury Department, the Monetary Department, and the Department of Royal State Property and Public Property. It was established by the Royal Decree for Reorganizing Agencies of the Ministry of Finance, B.E. 2476
(1933). It was originally the Royal Treasury Department later changed to The Finance Department on 9th December 1933, according to the Royal Decree on Reorganizing State Enterprise Policy Offices and Departments, B.E. 2495 (1952), and was then changed again to The Treasury Department on 12nd March 1952, its current name. Later on it was relocated on Chakkrapong Road,Chanasongkram, Pranakorn District, Bangkok in B.E. 2503 (1960), and was finally relocated again to the present site, which is at the Ministry of Finance on Rama VI Road, SamsenNai, Phayathai, Bangkok. The Treasury Department has bureau, units and sub offices throughout the country to serve all nationwide.
- Bureau of Grand National Treasures is located on Rambuttri Alley, Chao Fa Road, Chanasongkhram sub-district, PhraNakorn district, Bangkok
- Bureau of Monetary Management Bureau is located on Phrahonyothin Road, KlongLoung, Prathumthani province.
- Bureau of Property Valuation Bureau is located at Ratthaprasasanabhakti Building, Chaengwatthana Government Complex in Bangkok (commemorating His Majesty the King’s 80th Birthday Anniversary, 5th December, BE 2550)
- Bureau of Royal Thai Mint is located on Phahonyothin Road, Klongnueng subdistrict, KlongLuang district, PathumThani province.
- The regional coin exchange and management in 6 areas (Hub)
- Khonkaen province
- Ubonratchathani province
- Chiang Mai province
- Nakornsawan province
- Songkhla province
- Suratthani province
Dhanarak Asset Development Company Limited is a state enterprise that 99.9% of the registered capital has owned by the Ministry of Finance and under controlled of the Treasury Department. The company has responsibility in invest to build the government complex in Bangkok and manage State Properties as a government’s policy